Salam Folks. How have you been? Here is a recipe.. It’s been a while since I cooked something. But anyways this was a good dish. It’s a Bengali dish.
For Marinating :
- Cauliflower : 1/2 of the 1 big (cut into florets)
- Fresh thick yoghurt : 1 cup
- Onion : 1 cup
For the Gravy :
- Bay leaf : 1
- Clove : 2
- Cardamom : 2 pods
- Cinnamon : 1 inch piece
- Freshly ground or crushed white or black pepper : 1 tsp
- Sugar : 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
For the Seasoning :
- Bay leaf : 1
- Cardamom : 3 pods
- Clove :3
- Cinnamon : 1 inch
- Dry red chili : 1-2
- Black pepper corns : 1 tsp (heaped)
- Ghee : 5 tbsp
For Garnishing :
- Dry Red chilli whole 5-6
- In a pan add few drops of oil,sauté the cauliflower for couple of minutes and keep it aside.
- Blend the onion with a few drops of water to a fine smooth paste, .
- Add curd to the onion paste and mix throughly in a blender or mixer.
- Marinate the cauliflower with the grounded onion curd paste and the ingredients given in “For the Gravy” for 30 minutes. (Note : If you don’t have time, proceed for cooking)
- Add the marinate into a non stick pan. In a medium heat for a minute.
- Add sugar and salt to the gravy; bring to boil and cook covered for 5-8 minutes or until its is done and adjust salt. (Note : Adjust water to get a thin and not so thick consistency)
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the ingredients given in “For Seasoning”. and sauté for couple of minutes, as soon as the aroma comes, pour the seasoning into the cooked cauliflower gravy.
- Cover and boil for 2 minutes and garnish with the dry red chilli and few kasuri methi for a restaurant effect.
- Serve hot with any Indian Bread.
Have you tried it? Do you like it? Lemme know
That’s all for now! Until next time, Chef Doha signing off مع السّلامة