Salam Folks. I had a small get together at my place. So I made this Chocolate cake for tea. It was easy and tasty. Here is the recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Makes one 20 cm round cake
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 200g butter, melted
- 200g plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 50g dark chocolate, grated
For the Icing:
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50g butter
- 1/2 cup Icing sugar
- 1-2 TBSP yogurt or sour cream
- Preheat oven to moderate 180°C. Brush a deep 20 cm tin with oil or melted butter; line base and sides with paper; grease paper.
- Place flour, cocoa powder and sugar into food processor.
- Add yogurt, eggs and butter. Using the pulse action, process for 15 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- Add grated chocolate and process until ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin; smooth the surface. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of cake.
- Stand cake in tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
To make Icing:
- Place chocolate in small heatproof bowl. Stand bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and stir until chocolate has melted; remove from heat.
- Beat butter and icing sugar with electric beater (I used the egg whisk) in small bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add chocolate and yogurt or sour cream; beat well until combined
- Spread evenly over top of cake using a palette knife.
- Decorate top with hershey’s chocolate chip with grated dark and white chocolate, if desired.
Everyone really loved it. Are you going to give it a try ? Let me know if you do!
That’s about it for now. Chef Doha signing off, until next time مع السّلامة