Salam folks. Howdy? It’s been a while since I made an Indian dish.. So here it is..
For Gobi Manchurian Florets:
- 4 tablespoons Maida (all purpose flour)
- 8 tablespoons Corn Flour
- 1 medium size Cauliflower (Gobi)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup water.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Ginger
- 4 Green Chilies, Seed removed and slit lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped Garlic
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped Spring Onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chili Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- 4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 4 tablespoons Corn Flour
- 4 Cups Hot water
For Making Gobi Manchurian Florets:
- Clean cauliflower florets by soaking them in warm salted water for 15 minutes and break it into big florets. Boil florets in plenty of water for 3 minutes. Drain water and pat dry them on kitchen towel.
- Take maida((flour), corn flour, ginger-garlic paste and salt in medium size bowl. Add approx. 1/2 cup water; mix all ingredients and make a batter. Make sure that batter should be neither very thick nor watery. (its thickness should be similar to dosa batter or pancake batter) Add cauliflower florets in batter and mix well until all florets are coated with batter.
- Pour a little bit of oil into the Air fryer and add the floret in small batches or you can heat cooking oil in pan over medium flame. When oil is hot enough to deep fry, carefully slide or drop 7 to 8 batter coated florets and deep fry over medium flame until they turn golden brown. (Do not deep fry too many gobi florets at a time otherwise they will not cook evenly due to over crowding.)
- Drain and transfer florets to plate. (If possible, spread kitchen paper napkin over plate to absorb excess oil from deep fried florets) Deep fry remaining florets until golden brown.
For Making Gobi Manchurian Gravy:
- Dissolve 4 tablespoons corn flour in 1 cup water and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Add chopped ginger, garlic, green chili and chopped spring onion. Saute on medium heat for a minute.
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce, tomato ketchup, pepper powder and salt; cook for 1 minute.
Pour 4 cups hot water and bring mixture to boil over medium flame. Boil it for a minute. Add dissolved corn flour while stirring constantly to avoid forming lumps. Stir and cook on low flame for a minute.
- Add deep fried cauliflower florets and cook for 3 minutes over medium flame.
- Gobi Manchurian with spicy gravy is ready. Transfer it to another bowl and garnish with chopped spring onion.
That’s all for now! Until next time, Chef Doha signing off مع السّلامة