Salaam folks! Hope you’re all doing great. Dates are quite abundant around D-town, and a favorite at our place. My mother tends to experiment a lot with them, and here’s one of her latest classic recipe. This one’s very easy to make, and really gotten a lot of appreciation.
- 1 cup Rice Flakes
- 500 g unseeded Dates
- 1 tbsp crushed cashewnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 50 g butter
- Oil for frying
- Deep fry Rice flakes and keep it aside.
- Heat butter, sugar, and keep stirring until sugar is slightly caramelized.
- Add the dates and stir for a while. Turn off the flame
- Add the rice flakes and nuts, and roll them together
You can make variations of this balls by rolling the balls in dried coconut, chocolate sprinklers, and crushed corn flakes
Do you love dates? What are your favorite recipes made with dates?
That’s all for now! Until next time, Chef Doha signing off مع السّلامة