Salaam folks! Hope you’re all doing great. Yes, lots of things have been happening in our kitchen. Just couldn’t update it here yet. You guys should stay tuned because I am going to be sharing lots of great ideas around here. There was a party at home, and we took over the salad and dessert section, and tried to get creative as well. We had this purple cabbage/ red cabbage whatever you want to call it, and decided to make the Caesar Salad, and here’s our recipe.
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2cup grated Feta cheese
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 medium lettuce, cut into pieces
- 1 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, lemon juice, garlic, and Feta Cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag; reserving 1/2 cup for salad, add buttermilk mixture. Refrigerate chicken at least 15 minutes and up to 1 day.
- Meanwhile, make croutons: Place bread on prepared baking sheet. Brush both sides with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Broil until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes per side; cut into 1-inch pieces (and reserve baking sheet). for topping.
- Transfer chicken to baking sheet; discard marinade. Broil until opaque throughout, 14 to 16 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes; thinly slice crosswise. In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise and reserved buttermilk mixture.
- Add the cabbage, chicken, and croutons; toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Try it, and let me know how yours went. That’s about it for now. Chef Doha signing off, until next time مع السّلامة