So detox water is a healthy thing that has been going around for a while, and we got on to the wagon too. On the healthy track, and today we are sharing one of our favorite detox water recipe. It’s just so easy, and really healthy. Once you start the detox journey, you can literally feel your insides getting cleansed. Drinking water all by itself is a way to help flush the body of toxins on a daily basis, but with a few simple ingredients you can transform water into detox water and get even more benefit from it. This is something you can do each day, or as part of a more broad detoxing strategy.
- 3-5 slices of fresh cucumber
- 1/2 small lemon sliced
- 1/4 of orange sliced
- a few fresh mint leaves
- 710 ml of ice cold water
Why does this work?
- Cucumbers are one of the most hydrating vegetables because they’re mostly made up of water. Many detox programs include cucumbers on them for this very reason, and adding them to your water pulls out their minerals so you’re getting an added benefit.
- Lemon provides the cleansing effect of citric acid to help clear out the digestive system.
- Oranges contain flavonoids in the peel and juice that stimulate the immune system and protects against a fungi/pests while helping to reduce cholesterol levels
- Mint helps the body digest more easily and it also soothes any stomach cramps you may have. The mint makes things taste fresh and crisp, and goes nicely with the lemon and cucumber while providing additional nutrients and benefits.
Keep in mind that the more you refill your jug with the same fruits, the more diluted and less nutrient-dense the fruit becomes. So I would recommend that after 2 or 3 refills, replace with fresh ingredients to make sure you get all the vitamins and minerals you need. I also wouldn’t leave the fruits in there for more than a day before changing it. The detox recipe above is particularly good for belly slimming. What does your favorite detox recipe look like? Why not share your experience with detox if you have one? I would love to hear it from you.
Chef Doha signing off, مع السّلامة